Consult and download the documents of the Proposal of the Metropolitan Urban Master Plan: Report, graphic material, Initial Strategic Document, Public Participation Programme and Annexes. These documents show the objectives, the general principles and the diagnosis from a constructive perspective and form the basis for the collection of proposals and contributions.
DOCUMENTATION OF PDU PROPOSAL
- REPORT It explains and justifies the proposals graphically expressed on the maps and regulated in legislation. As it is a preliminary document, the Report limits these functions in terms of proposals to a general focus that is more descriptive than the regulation proposal.
It describes the objectives and includes the various alternatives that have been considered in assessing the suitability of the proposals for the general objectives of the plan and ends with a preliminary version of the proposals and regulations.
- GRAPHIC MATERIAL This includes the maps that constitute the graphic material of the Preliminary Document.
The information maps reproduce all the external variables that have an impact on the metropolitan territory. The diagnostic maps present the results of the studies carried out on the various territorial and urban elements during the drafting of the Preliminary Document of the PDU. The proposal maps, which are provided for information purposes only, explain the story of the plan, showing the image to be achieved by each one of the regulatory components.
- INITIAL STRATEGIC DOCUMENT The purpose of this document is to describe and assess the alternatives and justify the environmental suitability of the chosen alternative. It should be stated, however, that from the start the PDU proposed this initial strategic document not as an instrument to assess the proposals of the plan but as a structural part of the territorial diagnosis of the metropolitan area and, therefore, as an element with a direct effect on its proposals.
- PUBLIC PARTICIPATION PROGRAMME The main objective of the public participation programme is the dissemination of the PDU drafting process in order to share knowledge and encourage participation throughout the process with the maximum number of bodies, associations and other agents involved. This ensures the public's right to collaborate in the exercise of participative democracy.
- ANNEXES The annexes include all the most relevant materials, studies and papers that have been used to prepare the Preliminary Document. These annexes include demographic projections and studies on public transport accessibility, territorial fragmentation in the metropolitan area, residential morphological fabrics, the relationship between urban form and social cohesion, facilities, the potential ceiling and estimation and comparison of the resident working population, and jobs by municipality.
- A1 – Demographic projections
- A2 – Public transport accessibility
- A3 – Study on fragmentation in the metropolitan area of Barcelona
- A4 – Study of residential morphological fabrics
- A5 – Urban form and social cohesion
- A6 – Estimation and comparison of the resident working population and jobs in the municipalities of the province of Barcelona
- A7 – The potential ceiling of the metropolitan area of Barcelona
- A8 – Study on the facilities of the metropolitan area of Barcelona
- OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS In its session held on 26 March 2019 the Metropolitan Council of the Metropolitan Area of Barcelona agreed among other matters the approval of the preliminary document and published the reference document.
The current public information period ends on 13 December 2019.